clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Recap: Revolution II 1 - Orlando City B 0

Rennicks propels Revs II to a 1-0 win over OCB.

SOCCER: JUN 29 MLS - Houston Dynamo at New England Revolution Photo by Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The New England Revolution continued their road trip as they paid a visit to Kissimmee, Florida, as they faced off against Orlando City B.

Orlando Sinclair looked to net his first goal of the 2020 season in the 9th minute of the match, but his shot goes wide of the post.

Goalkeeper Joe Rice and the backline stood tall as Orlando had a multitude of chances early in the first half that could have seen Orlando take an early lead.

Orlando City B looked to be reenergized after the first half hydration as they were able to generate multiple chances towards the end of the first half.

As the first half came to an end, both sides were disappointed for not taking advantage of the multitude of chances they created and looked to change that as they entered the second half.

Justin Rennicks was able to be that change for the Revolution as he was able to start the second half of action by putting the Revolution up 1-0. The offensive run started when Tiago Mendonca’s cross found Orlando Sinclair inside the box. Sinclair then flicked it over to Justin Rennicks, who was just outside the 6-yard box. Rennicks was able to work around Orlando’s Thomas Williams and headed the ball over keeper Austin Aviza and into the back of the net!

For the second match in a row, Justin Rennicks was able to display his offensive abilities and find the back of the net.

The Revolution’s first substitution came in the 56th minute as Damian Rivera would come on for Connor Presley.

Things took a scary turn in the 62nd minute as goalkeeper Joe Rice appeared to suffer an injury on his right foot. As the Revolution punted the ball out, Rice sat down on the pitch as medical personnel came to his aid. After a few minutes with medics, Rice attempted to walk off the field with assistance, yet was not able to. Medical personnel then brought a stretcher on the pitch and took Joe Rice off.

With Rice unable to continue after the injury, rookie keeper Keegan Meyer made his third appearance for the Revolution II as he came on in the 65th minute.

Meyer and the Revolution were able to stay strong through the remaining 25 minutes of regular time and 7 minutes of stoppage time to secure the 3 points and push their winning streak to two!

After today’s win, the Revolution II sit in 9th place with 11 points.

The Revolution II complete their road trip as they travel to Richmond, Virginia, as they take on the Richmond Kickers on October 3rd.

Remember to check back to The Bent Musket for the latest Revolution II news!