If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Revolution and the community we’ve built here at The Bent Musket. Here’s your chance to join our team and cover the Revolution with us.
The Bent Musket is hiring its next site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a remote, part-time, contractor role compensated with a monthly stipend. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover New England Revolution storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Revolution and is already familiar with The Bent Musket.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team at The Bent Musket, and a soccer-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via the Vox Media careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
SB Nation and The Bent Musket are committed to bringing you coverage of the Revolution from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.