clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Revolution vs. Orlando City SC: Preview, Projected Lineups and How to Watch

Everything you need to know about the midweek matchup.

MLS: Orlando City SC at New England Revolution Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

Three weeks ago, the Revolution beat down Orlando City SC, riding a Kei Kamara hat trick to a 4-0 win. That match took place at Gillette Stadium. On Wednesday, the Revs will look to replicate the performance in Orlando.

Here’s what you need to know about the midweek matchup:

Current Form

New England: W-W-L-L-W
Orlando City: L-L-W-D-L

Stat that Matters Most


That’s Orlando City’s record in its past nine home matches. This is good news for the Revolution, who have yet to earn a road win.

Chances to Win

FiveThirtyEight favors Orlando City in tonight’s match, giving the club a 44 percent chance of picking up a win. The Revs hold a 31 percent chance, according to the site, while the two teams hold a 25 percent chance of drawing.

Club Leaders

In recent weeks, Lee Nguyen (10 goals, 15 assists) and Kei Kamara (12 goals) have separated themselves as the drivers of the Revolution attack. Between the sticks, Cody Cropper has turned in a quietly-effective campaign, picking up eight clean sheets. That’s how many Cropper, Bobby Shuttleworth and Brad Knighton combined to earn in 2016.

For Orlando City, Cyle Larin has—for the third year in a row—established himself as the Lions’ premier goalscorer. He’s unlikely to surpass his personal-high of 17 goals before the season ends, but his 12 tallies lead the team (and it’s not close). Carlos Rivas ranks second with five. Rivas and Kaka have each collected five helpers, most on the team.

MLS: Orlando City SC at New England Revolution
A Kei Kamara hat trick powered the Revs to a 4-0 win the last time New England met Orlando City SC (Sept. 2).
Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports

How to Watch

Kick-off time: 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Orlando City Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
TV Broadcast: CSN-NE (New England), TV 27 (Orlando)
Streaming: MLS Live
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub (New England), 104.1 Real Radio (Orlando)

Injuries and Absences

The Revolution will head into tonight’s match at near-full strength. Only Kelyn Rowe (knee) is listed on the injury report. Though officially regarded as questionable, Rowe is unlikely to make the gameday 18.

Orlando City will play without defender Jonathan Spector (suspension). Goalkeeper Josh Saunders (neck, out for season) and midfielder Cristian Higuita (calf) will also miss the action.

Projected Lineups

New England: Cody Cropper; Andrew Farrell, Antonio Delamea, Claude Dielna, Benjamin Angoua; Teal Bunbury, Scott Caldwell, Gershon Koffie, Diego Fagundez; Juan Agudelo, Kei Kamara

Orlando City: Joe Bendik; Scott Sutter, Tommy Redding, Seb Hines, Donny Toia; Antonio Nocerino, Dillon Powers, Yoshimar Yotun, Giles Barnes; Dom Dwyer, Cyle Larin