On Friday, New England Revolution President Brian Bilello told fans that he expects “multiple international signings before the season starts.” The statement confirms what General Manager Michael Burns told The Bent Musket earlier this week.
@coreycapoccia nothing that I can share right now but things ongoing and expect multiple international signings before the season starts— Brian Bilello (@RevsPrez) January 6, 2017
Although Bilello said he has no specifics to share at the moment, he did state that the players the team is currently negotiating with would be available upon signing. Last year, the Revs inked Xavier Kouassi in February with the understanding that he wouldn’t join the team until the Secondary Transfer Window. It look as though the Revs won’t go that route this year.
During his Twitter Q&A, Bilello was asked if fans should rule out the possibility of a January signing. The president’s answer, though brief, will provide some hope for fans desperate for news.
The Revs are set to begin preseason activities on Monday, Jan. 23. Their first game of the season will take place on Saturday, Mar. 4 when they visit the Colorado Rapids.