The New England Revolution face D.C. United in the nation's capital tonight as they continue their pursuit of a playoff place. There are no more matches left against Western Conference opponents, so even against an opponent as far down the table as United, the Revs need results.
REVOLUTION INJURY REPORT
OUT: Juan Agudelo (R Knee Sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Chris Tierney (L Knee Irritation)
UNITED INJURY REPORT
OUT: Lewis Neal (Pubic Stress Reaction); Marcelo Saragosa (L Knee Pain)
QUESTIONABLE: Dwayne De Rosario (R Hip Flexor Strain); Chris Pontius (L Leg Neural Tension)
- Saturday's match is the 61st all-time, regular-season meeting between the New England Revolution and D.C. United...this will be the 68th overall meeting between the two clubs, who have played four MLS Cup Playoff matches and three U.S. Open contests
- D.C. leads the all-time, regular-season series between the two clubs, 28-23-9...the Revs are 8-18-4 in D.C. all-time
- Saturday's game will be the second of three regular-season meetings between the clubs this season...the teams played to a scoreless draw on June 8 at Gillette Stadium...the Revs and D.C. close out the regular-season series on Sept. 21, in Foxborough
- D.C. swept the three-game season series in 2012...all three games were decided by one goal - a 2-1 D.C. win on April 14 in Foxborough; a 3-2 D.C. win on May 26 at RFK Stadium, and a 2-1 United victory on Sept. 15 in Washington
- The Revs' 2011 series win marked the first time either team won three consecutive season series...United won the season series in back-to-back seasons in 1997-08 and 2003-04, while the Revs picked up their first consecutive season series wins in 2009 and 2010
- Nine of the last 12 meetings have been one-goal results...the teams have played to two draws in that stretch - a 1-1 finish on April 17, 2009 and a 0-0 draw on June 8 - while the Revs' 2-0 win on April 3, 2010 was the largest advantage for either team during that stretch
- The teams have met in three postseason series, with D.C. holding a 2-1-1 edge in those matches...however, the Revs defeated United, 1-0, in the most recent playoff meeting on Nov. 5, 2006, to win the Eastern Conference Championship at RFK Stadium and earn a berth in the MLS Cup 2006
- Andy Dorman has three goals and four assists in 15 career games against D.C....Dorman last scored against the Black-and-Red in 2007
- Saer Sene has one goal and one assist in three career appearances against D.C. United...Sene scored when the teams met on May 26, 2012 at RFK Stadium and recorded his first career assist on April 14 at Gillette Stadium
- Kelyn Rowe scored the only goal in the Revs' 2-1 loss at D.C. on Sept. 15, 2012
- Chad Barrett has two goals and one assist against D.C....all of his points came while a member of the Chicago Fire
- Juan Agudelo has scored against D.C. in 2011 while a member of the New York Red Bulls
- A.J. Soares and Stephen McCarthy are the only other current Revolution players to score a goal against United...Soares recorded his second career goal on a header on May 26, 2012, at RFK Stadium...McCarthy scored the lone goal - his first career game-winning goal - in the Revs' 1-0 win at RFK Stadium on July 20, 2011, which snapped the team's nine-game winless streak
- Chris Tierney has four assists in nine career appearances against United...Tierney has also recorded the game-winning assist in three of the last six meetings against D.C.
- Lee Nguyen has recorded one assist in four appearances against D.C....Nguyen assisted Jose Moreno's goal on April 14, 2012 at Gillette Stadium
- Diego Fagundez has recorded one assist in two career appearances against D.C.
- Matt Reis is the Revs' all-time leader in games played in goal (27) against United...Reis has a 7-12-6 record with the Revs against D.C., with four shutouts and a 1.54 goals against average
- Bobby Shuttleworth made his first appearance against D.C. United in the team's 0-0 draw on June 8...Shuttleworth recorded one save in the shutout
TV: CSN New England, 7:30 PM EDT
RADIO: 98.5 Sports Hub, 7:30 PM EDT
More from The Bent Musket:
- CONCACAF Suspends USMNT's Klinsmann, But Why The Long Process?
- Breakers vs. Washington Spirit 2013: Match Preview
- Revolution vs. United 2013: Know Thy Enemy Part Deux
- Perceived Lack of Stadium Movement Post DC United Announcement Making the Revolution Appear to be Relics
- Breakers 0:3 FC Kansas City: Boston Blanked in Road Defeat