Tom Sermanni, Head Coach of the U.S. Women's National Team, named 18 players to the roster that will face Brazil on Nov. 10 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla. Breakers' goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher, midfielder Heather O'Reilly and forward Sydney Leroux were among those selected.
Naeher collected four wins in eight matches last season, showcasing grit between the pipes while managing several significant injuries. The uncapped goalkeeper will join USWNT veterans O'Reilly (192 caps) and Leroux (42 caps) as the U.S. Women travel to the Citrus Bowl for the first time since 1999, when the Americans defeated Brazil, 3-0. Naeher will accompany mainstay Hope Solo and FC Kansas City goalkeeper Nicole Barnhart on Sermanni's roster.
With a victory, Naeher's crew will improve to 13-0-3, marking just the second undefeated year in UWSNT history (2006, 18-0-4). The match will broadcast live at 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
More from The Bent Musket:
- MLS Playoffs: New England vs. Sporting Kansas City - 2nd Leg Televison Schedule
- Revolution vs. Sporting 2013: EC Semi-Finals Leg Two Preview
- Revolution Player of the Month, October 2013: Matt Reis
- The 3rd Yellow - Revs vs. Sporting KC, MLS Playoffs Eastern Conference Semis First Leg - Elfath Can't Keep Control in 2nd Half
- Kelyn Rowe Rows the Boat in First-Leg Win over Sporting KC