The Breakers completed their second trade of the week - and third trade of the 2013 off-season - on Wednesday, sending midfielder Mariah Nogueira to Seattle in exchange for two third round picks in the NWSL College Draft. In return for the physical midfielder, Seattle surrendered the No. 18 pick in 2014 and a third-sound selection in 2015.
Nogueira served as one of the more productive midfielders on Boston's roster, contributing three goals and one assist in 20 appearances (16 starts). During her tenure with the Breakers, Nogueira proved dangerous in the air, consistently finding the net from crosses and set pieces. The Westminster, Calif. native and Stanford graduate joined the Breakers as a second-round draft pick (No. 13 overall) in 2013.
Now sitting with four selections ahead of the 2014 draft, the Breakers will look to add youthful depth, seeking a top-four finish next season.
More from The Bent Musket:
- Red Sox World Series Coverage and Bruins Rivalry Night: Where and What to Read
- Revolution Player of the Month, September 2013: Lee Nguyen
- Breakers' Forward Kyah Simon to Miss 2014 Season with Torn ACL
- Revolution 3, Crew 2 - Player Ratings and Man of the Match
- Fagundez Gains U.S. Permanent Resident Status