On Tuesday, U.S. Women's National Team head coach Tom Sermanni announced his 25-player international roster, solidifying the UWSNT ahead of three fall friendlies. Breakers forward Sydney Leroux and midfielder Heather O'Reilly earned recognition, continuing their historic run on American soil.
The trio of matches begins on Oct. 20, when Team USA hosts Australia in San Antonio, Texas. Sermanni and co. will contest New Zealand on Oct. 27 in San Francisco, Calif. and again on Oct. 30 in Columbus, Ohio.
The U.S. Women last met in early September, when Breakers forward Sydney Leroux broke Mexico's back line with four goals, leading her team to a 7-0 victory. Leroux's side has yet to lose in 2013, recording 12 consecutive results (10 wins) while scoring 43 total goals.
To purchase tickets for the fall friendly series, visit ussoccer.com or call 1-800-745-3000.
More from The Bent Musket:
- MLS Playoffs 2013: New England's Road to the Postseason Updated
- Charlie Davies Update: Uncovering the Mystery Striker
- Revolution 1-1 Dynamo: Player Ratings and Man of the Match
- Breakers Off-Season Report: Tracking the Coaches, Opening the Archives
- From The Vault: Mike Burns Calls Tech Support Circa 2011