According to his (apparent) agent's Twitter, former New England Revolution MVP and 2014 preseason trialist Marko Perovic has signed a contract with Chainat FC of the Thai Premier League. A series of tweets appeared to confirm the deal:
New signing of GDM SPORT Marko Perovic for Chainat FC#thaipremierleague Good Luck !!! pic.twitter.com/Uy9hnnZ4Su— vukadinovic dejan (@vukadinovicdej) February 17, 2014
And here's one of Marko hooked up to an ultrasound, apparently passing his medical:
Fans were pretty excited at the prospect of welcoming Perovic back to the fold, if the social media reaction was any indication. Admittedly, the Serb's lethal set-piece capabilities, size in the attack, and creative mind would have complemented the team well. Plus, it never hurts to have a left-footed player who is comfortable staying wide or cutting in, especially in last season's preferred system.
Unfortunately, it seems that the discussion is dead, as Perovic is signing elsewhere. However, there is something a little fishy about the agent's Twitter. He appears to be sending a lot of players to Thailand lately, or Asian markets in general. I cannot shake the feeling (and this is a personal hunch, not based in fact) that this is less-than-official, or at least less-than-permanent. It's something to keep an eye on, anyway.
- Portugal and Mexico Will Meet at Gillette Stadium, New York Home Match Rescheduled
- The Couch Captain: A Preseason Stream of Conscience
- If Matias Laba is Available on Loan from Toronto FC, Should the Revolution be Interested?
- 2014 Breakers Depth Chart: Projecting the Defenders
- Matt Horth Signs in Iceland while 2014 Rhinos Goalkeeper Moves to Sweden