Gillette Stadium will once again play host to a major international friendly featuring the Portuguese national team. This time Portugal will face El Tri of Mexico on June 6th at 8:30 PM ET. The match will serve as a World Cup warm-up match for both teams, who are expected to bring to Foxboro the same full-strength squads they will be shipping to Brazil.
"With both of these teams leaving directly for Brazil after this series of matches, we’re very excited to be able to present this unique opportunity to fans of this region," Revolution president Brian Bilello said. "The chance to see two World Cup-bound squads – and some of the world’s top players – means this will be a truly memorable event for everyone in attendance."
The Revs will announce private pre-sales for season ticket holders and multi-game package customers in the coming week.
The match also forces the Revs to reschedule a regular-season game. The home match versus the New York Red Bulls that was originally slated for Saturday, June 7th, has been moved to Sunday, June 8th, at 5 PM.
- The Couch Captain: A Preseason Stream of Conscience
- If Matias Laba is Available on Loan from Toronto FC, Should the Revolution be Interested?
- 2014 Breakers Depth Chart: Projecting the Defenders
- Matt Horth Signs in Iceland while 2014 Rhinos Goalkeeper Moves to Sweden
- Bringing Back New England's Favorite Competition: The North American SuperLiga