FanPost

Why NESN Is A Joke

Here's another FanPost, this time from "C'mon You Revs" as he weighs in on NESN's willful ignorance toward the New England Revolution. As always, I love it when you guys express yourselves in this community, so leave comments and don't be afraid to post your own FanPosts and FanShots!

 

NESN stands for the New England Sports Network.  Last year I combed this site looking for some Revs coverage.  After 15 minutes it became a fruitless endeavor.  This is the New England Sports Network and I can't even find a link to the New England Revolution, a professional sports organization in New England.

Before you even say they don't carry the games, they don't carry the Patriots either and there is plenty of content.  The Red Sox are a 80% owner of the network and the Bruins own the remaining 20%.  Once again, the Patriots have nothing to do with them, yet they still cover and provide content regarding the Patriots.  Don't call yourself a New England Sports Network if you're not going to cover New England sports.  Selective Self-Serving Sports Network is a better name.

My anger towards NESN grew a week later when they ran a "trivia" article, where one question was "Did you know New England had a professional soccer team?!"  This is downright disrespectful and laughable.  Let me tell you what you can find on the NESN homepage:  Links to NASCAR, Baltimore Orioles, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Nets, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Dolphins, New York Yankees so and so forth.   Is any of this more relevant to a New England sports fan than the Revs?

Now I remind you this data is from screenshots taken last year. What's changed since then?  Well Mr. Henry and NESV bought Liverpool FC and guess what, soccer "suddenly" became relevant to NESN.  Now guess who has a menu tab alongside the Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and Patriots... you guessed it, the newly relevant team from Liverpool!

Congrats boys.

Guess what league has its own link now alongside the big four?  You guessed it, the English Premier League.

Disgusting,  with a name like NESN I just think you owe a New England team a link.  Shame on you NESN.  Nothing personal against LFC, but I hope they get relegated for the next four years straight.  This paragraph can be countered and argued as much as you want it still doesn't exonerate you from simply putting a link to MLS and the Revolution.  For a webmaster that would take under 20 seconds.

FanPosts are solely the opinions of those who post them, and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Bent Musket, SBNation or any of its affiliates.

SB Nation Featured Video
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join The Bent Musket

You must be a member of The Bent Musket to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Bent Musket. You should read them.

Join The Bent Musket

You must be a member of The Bent Musket to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Bent Musket. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9353_tracker